what's the difference between copy and move?

what's the difference between copy and move?

Gerd Schering
Hi,

in the template config file that came with 0.9.8, I found that

subjectAltName=email:copy
subjectAltName=email:move

are both possible, but what is the difference?

Gerd
-- Gerd Schering, Email: [hidden email]  --

PKCS7 standard : OpenSSL is following weather v1.5 OR v1.6 OR any other

konark

Hi All,

I found that OpenSSL PKCS#7 module implementation is different from the both the versions .

Please tell me which version it is following (URGENT)

Regards,

konark

Re: PKCS7 standard : OpenSSL is following weather v1.5 OR v1.6 OR any other

Dr. Stephen Henson
On Fri, Nov 11, 2005, Konark wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I found that OpenSSL PKCS#7 module implementation is different from the both
> the versions .
>

> Please tell me which version it is following (URGENT)

PKCS#7 v1.5. Very few applications use 1.6.

Funding needed! Details on homepage.

RE: PKCS7 standard : OpenSSL is following weather v1.5 OR v1.6 OR any other

konark

Thanks for the reply .

But my problem is ......

PKCS#7 V1.5 sign implementation  uses this structure in process of sign calculation

DigestInfo ::= SEQUENCE {

  digestAlgorithm DigestAlgorithmIdentifier,

  digest Digest }

But I found that OpenSSL is not doing as specified in V1.5 .

Reply by cheking the OpenSSl .....

If incase OpenSSl is not fully folling the v1.5 Please let me know .

Regards,

konark

Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]

Re: PKCS7 standard : OpenSSL is following weather v1.5 OR v1.6 OR any other

Dr. Stephen Henson
On Fri, Nov 11, 2005, Konark wrote:

> Thanks for the reply .
>

> But my problem is ......
>

> PKCS#7 V1.5 sign implementation  uses this structure in process of sign
> calculation
>

> DigestInfo ::= SEQUENCE {
>
>   digestAlgorithm DigestAlgorithmIdentifier,
>
>   digest Digest }
>

> But I found that OpenSSL is not doing as specified in V1.5 .

What makes you think that?

> Reply by cheking the OpenSSl .....
>

> If incase OpenSSl is not fully folling the v1.5 Please let me know .

OpenSSL passed S/MIME v2 compliance test which check PKCS#7 v1.5 conformance.

Funding needed! Details on homepage.

RE: PKCS7 standard : OpenSSL is following weather v1.5 OR v1.6 OR any other

konark

Actually we implemented PKCS#7 V1.5 ( we got the standards from RSA site )

-> We did as per standard including DigestInfo structure as part of
signature calculation .

-> When I try to identify signature with OpenSSL I found this thing
        then I tried with out this DigestInfo structure It's verified
successfully .
-> That's why I doubt which version it is ?

konark

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005, Konark wrote:

> Thanks for the reply .
>

> But my problem is ......
>

> PKCS#7 V1.5 sign implementation  uses this structure in process of sign
> calculation
>

> DigestInfo ::= SEQUENCE {
>
>   digestAlgorithm DigestAlgorithmIdentifier,
>
>   digest Digest }
>

> But I found that OpenSSL is not doing as specified in V1.5 .

What makes you think that?

> Reply by cheking the OpenSSl .....
>

> If incase OpenSSl is not fully folling the v1.5 Please let me know .

OpenSSL passed S/MIME v2 compliance test which check PKCS#7 v1.5
conformance.

Funding needed! Details on homepage.

Re: PKCS7 standard : OpenSSL is following weather v1.5 OR v1.6 OR any other

Dr. Stephen Henson
On Fri, Nov 11, 2005, Konark wrote:

> Actually we implemented PKCS#7 V1.5 ( we got the standards from RSA site )
>
> -> We did as per standard including DigestInfo structure as part of
> signature calculation .
>
> -> When I try to identify signature with OpenSSL I found this thing
> then I tried with out this DigestInfo structure It's verified
> successfully .
> -> That's why I doubt which version it is ?

The DigestInfo is also part of PKCS#1 so if you tell some implementations
(including OpenSSL) to sign a message digest the DigestInfo is automatic.

You can see the DigestInfo structure by using the 'rsautl' utility on the
signature.

Funding needed! Details on homepage.

RE: PKCS7 standard : OpenSSL is following weather v1.5 OR v1.6 OR any other

konark

Thanks Steve.  I it seems to be correct But I need to check with my
colleague who implemented PKCS#1 (crypto) .

konark

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005, Konark wrote:

> Actually we implemented PKCS#7 V1.5 ( we got the standards from RSA site )
>
> -> We did as per standard including DigestInfo structure as part of
> signature calculation .
>
> -> When I try to identify signature with OpenSSL I found this thing
> then I tried with out this DigestInfo structure It's verified
> successfully .
> -> That's why I doubt which version it is ?

The DigestInfo is also part of PKCS#1 so if you tell some implementations
(including OpenSSL) to sign a message digest the DigestInfo is automatic.

You can see the DigestInfo structure by using the 'rsautl' utility on the
signature.

Funding needed! Details on homepage.

Re: what's the difference between copy and move?

Goetz Babin-Ebell
Gerd Schering wrote:
> Hi,
Hello Gerd,

> in the template config file that came with 0.9.8, I found that
>
> subjectAltName=email:copy
> subjectAltName=email:move
>
> are both possible, but what is the difference?

it's obvious you never bothered to try it or apply
a little bit of syntactical reasoning.

email:copy searches the DN for all extensions of the type
emailAddress, takes this values, generates a copy and inserts
this _copy_ into the subjectAltName extension.

Reasoning the function of the email:move command is
an exercise for the reader.

Bye

Goetz

--
DMCA: The greed of the few outweighs the freedom of the many

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment