version OPENSSL_1_1_1 not defined in file libcrypto.so.1.1 with link time reference

version OPENSSL_1_1_1 not defined in file libcrypto.so.1.1 with link time reference

Vincent Le Bourlot
Hi
After a fresh build of branch OpenSSL_1_1_1-stable on our ppc64 machine, openssl seems broken for an unknown reason…
Executing `openssl version` results in:

```
$ openssl version
openssl: relocation error: openssl: symbol SCRYPT_PARAMS_it, version OPENSSL_1_1_1 not defined in file libcrypto.so.1.1 with link time reference
```

Same kind of error happens when ctest tries to upload a file to our CDash:

```
ctest: relocation error: ctest: symbol SSL_CTX_set_post_handshake_auth, version OPENSSL_1_1_1 not defined in file libssl.so.1.1 with link time reference
```

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance

Vincent

Re: version OPENSSL_1_1_1 not defined in file libcrypto.so.1.1 with link time reference

Sam Roberts
On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 5:22 AM Vincent Le Bourlot <[hidden email]> wrote:
> After a fresh build of branch OpenSSL_1_1_1-stable on our ppc64 machine, openssl seems broken for an unknown reason…
> Executing `openssl version` results in:

I'm no expert, but try `ldd openssl`, is it dynamically linking
against the libcrypto/libssl that you just built? If not, try setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (I had to do that with my local builds from source).