use of makedepend in openssl 1.1.1

shiva kumar
what is the use of makedepend in openssl 1.1.1?
openssl 1.1.1 can build without makepend then what's the use of makedepend?
is it good to use makedepend while building openssl 1.1.1?
please answer me
thanks in advance

With Best Regards
Shivakumar S

Re: use of makedepend in openssl 1.1.1

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker-2
For C compilers that can't generate makefile dependency files, we have makedepend as a fallback.

Cheers
Richard

shiva kumar <[hidden email]> skrev: (24 oktober 2019 20:41:28 CEST)

Richard by mobile

RE: use of makedepend in openssl 1.1.1

Michael Wojcik

And, of course, makedepend is never *necessary* for building anything. You can create dependencies by hand, or always do a full build if you change any headers, and so on.

makedepend is an optimization for the build process. As such, it has exactly the same purpose in OpenSSL as it does in any other project.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus