unknown message digest algorithm

Mody, Darshan (Darshan)

Hi

We are facing issues with regards to SSL_Read operation.

We see the error “error:0D0C50A1:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_item_verify: unknown message digest algorithm” during SSL read operation. Below are my queries

  1. Is it possible to have such error during ‘read operation’ on Openssl
  2. Where can this issue occur?

To my understanding this issue can occur when a far-end client tries to establish the connection with the server and has issue with his certificates (SHA-2 encryption on the certificates)

Thanks for your guidance.

Regards

Darshan

Re: unknown message digest algorithm