ssl programming reference

Brad Brock-2
Hi, I'am a newbie programmer. I want to learn how to
build an application that communicate over SSL. Can
anyone show me where to find the references? Thank you.

Re: ssl programming reference

Kyle Hamilton
The best documentation is in the s_client and s_server source code.

-Kyle H

On 5/10/06, Brad Brock <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I'am a newbie programmer. I want to learn how to
> build an application that communicate over SSL. Can
> anyone show me where to find the references? Thank you.

Re: ssl programming reference

Heikki Toivonen
Brad Brock wrote:
> Hi, I'am a newbie programmer. I want to learn how to
> build an application that communicate over SSL. Can
> anyone show me where to find the references? Thank you.

Network Security with OpenSSL by John Viega, Matt Messier and Pravir
Chandra, ISBN 059600270X

--
  Heikki Toivonen

RE: ssl programming reference

Mark-62
> Brad Brock wrote:
> > Hi, I'am a newbie programmer. I want to learn how to
> > build an application that communicate over SSL. Can
> > anyone show me where to find the references? Thank you.
>
> Network Security with OpenSSL by John Viega, Matt Messier and Pravir
> Chandra, ISBN 059600270X

Agreed.  I found this book essential.  Another useful book is
"SSL and TLS Designing and Building Secure Systems" by Eric
Rescorla - there's not many code examples but it really helps
understanding of what SSL does.

I posted a document recently on this mailing list which has some
notes on using OpenSSL.  If you wish I'll post it again.

Best Regards,
Mark Williams

RE: ssl programming reference

Wai Wu
Same here. It got me running within an hour. It is a great book and
probably the only book you will need for openssl.