ssl_method_st not defined

Stiju Easo
Hi,

  I am trying to adopt OpenSSL 1.1.0 for my code,
  I was able to move away from pointers for RSA etc to appropriate functions, but i got stuck at session

 in my code need to assign back the SSL pointer with the cipher, session id etc
 as below

  ssl_session->client_version = client_version;
  ssl_session->session->cipher = ssl_session->s3->tmp.new_cipher = pending_cipher;
  ssl_session->session->session_id_length = ssl_id.getLength();

  as now ssl_method_st  has been moved to ssl_locl.h and I am not supposed to include that,
  is there any API to set these variables?
  only code reference I saw is ssl/.statem/statem_srvr.c, where it uses ssl_locl.h directly.

  My question is 1) is operations like setting Client version , cipher, so ,session, allowed with 1.1?
                  2)so,does API exist for it?
--

                                                                                      Stiju Easo

 The unexamined life is not worth living for man.
      Socrates, in Plato, Dialogues, Apology
      Greek philosopher in Athens (469 BC - 399 BC)

Re: ssl_method_st not defined

OpenSSL - User mailing list

No, the functions you want aren’t provided right now.  What are you trying to do?  Why are you modifying the session, outside of the TLS protocol?

Re: ssl_method_st not defined

Stiju Easo
Hi,
     What are you trying to do?  Why are you modifying the session, outside of the TLS protocol?
      >> what i am trying to do is to write a code which intercepts the SSL traffic, and decrypt it.
      >>i do have valid key for SSL traffic,
      >>in my case, i need to initialize the SSL , and set parameters as same as client  and server (depending on direction ) and call OpenSSL to decrypt the data.
      >>before openSSL 1.1.0 as all member variables could be set, it was easy task,
     >> now i do face issues with ssl_session and  ssl_session->s3

Regards
Stiju

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 6:06 AM, Salz, Rich via openssl-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

No, the functions you want aren’t provided right now.  What are you trying to do?  Why are you modifying the session, outside of the TLS protocol?

                                                                                      Stiju Easo

 The unexamined life is not worth living for man.
      Socrates, in Plato, Dialogues, Apology
      Greek philosopher in Athens (469 BC - 399 BC)

Re: ssl_method_st not defined

OpenSSL - User mailing list
      >>in my case, i need to initialize the SSL , and set parameters as same as client  and server (depending on direction ) and call OpenSSL to decrypt the data.
      >>before openSSL 1.1.0 as all member variables could be set, it was easy task,
     >> now i do face issues with ssl_session and  ssl_session->s3

Those functions aren’t present.  A pull request to add them, and document them, would be useful and would go into 1.1.0 an d master.

Re: ssl_method_st not defined

Viktor Dukhovni

> On Apr 11, 2017, at 11:58 AM, Salz, Rich via openssl-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> in my case, i need to initialize the SSL , and set parameters as same as client  and server (depending on direction ) and call OpenSSL to decrypt the data.
>>> before openSSL 1.1.0 as all member variables could be set, it was easy task,
>>> now i do face issues with ssl_session and  ssl_session->s3
>
> Those functions aren’t present.  A pull request to add them, and document them,
> would be useful and would go into 1.1.0 and master.

Some care needs to be taken to make sure that any pull requests do not tie
our hands with respect to internal structure layouts.

Perhaps instead of focusing on how this was done in the past, and implementing
the low-level accessors that were used, a better approach is to identify what
data you have at hand and what you want to achieve.  Then design a sensible
API for that.  Post the proposed design for discussion before going to the
trouble of implementing the details.

I'd like to see the OpenSSL API evolve through deliberate design and not just
accretion of features.