smime message with attachments

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

smime message with attachments

Dimitris Zilaskos

  Hi ,

  Can anyone provide a recipe for sending an smime signed message
with a plain text part and one or more attachments from a unix command
prompt without using a mail client but just openssl and mail/sendmail?
  I have seen in the archives people asking and getting the answer
that it is possible if openssl is feeded with the appropriate mime message ,
but no recipe how to do that and all my attemps failed.

  TIA,
--
============================================================================

Dimitris Zilaskos

Department of Physics @ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki , Greece
PGP key : http://tassadar.physics.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
   http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
MD5sum  : de2bd8f73d545f0e4caf3096894ad83f  pgp_public_key.asc
============================================================================
______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
User Support Mailing List                    [hidden email]
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: smime message with attachments

trob
I can tell you how, but you have to have nail.  If you can get that I will
tell you how I did.  Also I don't know about signed, I encrypted mine.

>
>   Hi ,
>
>   Can anyone provide a recipe for sending an smime signed message
> with a plain text part and one or more attachments from a unix command
> prompt without using a mail client but just openssl and mail/sendmail?
>   I have seen in the archives people asking and getting the answer
> that it is possible if openssl is feeded with the appropriate mime message
> ,
> but no recipe how to do that and all my attemps failed.
>
>   TIA,
> --
> ============================================================================
>
> Dimitris Zilaskos
>
> Department of Physics @ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki , Greece
> PGP key : http://tassadar.physics.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
>    http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
> MD5sum  : de2bd8f73d545f0e4caf3096894ad83f  pgp_public_key.asc
> ============================================================================
> ______________________________________________________________________
> OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
> User Support Mailing List                    [hidden email]
> Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]
>


______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
User Support Mailing List                    [hidden email]
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: smime message with attachments

Dimitris Zilaskos
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, [hidden email] wrote:

> I can tell you how, but you have to have nail.  If you can get that I will
> tell you how I did.  Also I don't know about signed, I encrypted mine.

  That will do.
Thnx

--
============================================================================

Dimitris Zilaskos

Department of Physics @ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki , Greece
PGP key : http://tassadar.physics.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
   http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
MD5sum  : de2bd8f73d545f0e4caf3096894ad83f  pgp_public_key.asc
============================================================================
______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
User Support Mailing List                    [hidden email]
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Apache + OpenSSL configuration

konark



Hi friend,

I'm new to Apache ..

I don't know how  to configure apache for different handshake scenarios .

I hope there will be some config file where we can change options to work
with different scenarios.

Please help to configure the configuration file and location of the
configuration file in apache installation.

Regards,
konark

______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
User Support Mailing List                    [hidden email]
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: smime message with attachments

trob
In reply to this post by Dimitris Zilaskos
OK here is the link to the nail documentation:
http://nail.sourceforge.net/man/nail.1.html

Here is how I did it:
 /usr/contrib/bin/gzip /users/$f_name
  env MAILRC=/dev/null smime-encrypt-$user_email=/users/$pem_file.pem  \
     nail -s $subject -a /users/$f_name.gz $user_email </dev/null

The environment is the key to making this work.  I checked and there is an
smime-sign option.  Hope this helps.



> On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> I can tell you how, but you have to have nail.  If you can get that I
>> will
>> tell you how I did.  Also I don't know about signed, I encrypted mine.
>
>   That will do.
> Thnx
>
> --
> ============================================================================
>
> Dimitris Zilaskos
>
> Department of Physics @ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki , Greece
> PGP key : http://tassadar.physics.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
>    http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
> MD5sum  : de2bd8f73d545f0e4caf3096894ad83f  pgp_public_key.asc
> ============================================================================
> ______________________________________________________________________
> OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
> User Support Mailing List                    [hidden email]
> Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]
>


______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
User Support Mailing List                    [hidden email]
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]