set/get utilities are not available to access variable 'num' of structure bio_st

set/get utilities are not available to access variable 'num' of structure bio_st

Narayana, Sunil Kumar

Hi ,

                We are porting our Application from  openssl 1.0.1 to openssl 3.0. In related to this activity we require to access the variable ‘num’ of structure bio_st.

In older versions the variable was accessed to set and get value using pointer operator (bi->num ).

Since this is not allowed in 3.0 we are looking for the Get/Set utilities similar to other member (BIO_set_flags/ BIO_get_flags)

Is this not supported in 3.0 ? If yes, Please guide the proper alternatives.

Regards,

Sunil

Notice: This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information of Ribbon Communications Inc. that is confidential and/or proprietary for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, disclosure, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.

Re: set/get utilities are not available to access variable 'num' of structure bio_st

Matt Caswell-2

On 20/11/2020 13:46, Narayana, Sunil Kumar wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>                 We are porting our Application from  openssl 1.0.1 to
> openssl 3.0. In related to this activity we require to access the
> variable ‘*num*’ of structure *bio_st. *
>
> In older versions the variable was accessed to set and get value using
> pointer operator (bi->num ).
>
> Since this is not allowed in 3.0 we are looking for the Get/Set
> utilities similar to other member*(BIO_set_flags/ BIO_get_flags) *
>

> Is this not supported in 3.0 ? If yes, Please guide the proper alternatives.

What kind of BIO are you using? Different BIOs may provide different
mechanisms to get hold of this value. For example a number of file
descriptor based BIOs provide BIO_get_fd().

Matt