s_server doesn't work with IE 6.0

Dmitry Belyavsky
Greetings!

I use IE 6.0 from Windows XP and Mozilla 1.7 from linux. I use openssl
0.9.8.

When I start
openssl s_server -key keydsa2.pem -cert certdsa2.pem -www -cipher EDH-DSS-DES-CBC3-SHA

Mozilla successfully shows debug page, but IE doesn't. The key and cert
I use are attached.

When I use OpenSSL 0.9.7e binary, I get the same result. But when cert
and key are used by apache with mod_ssl, pages are displayed normally.

What is wrong?

Thank you.

--
SY, Dmitry Belyavsky (ICQ UIN 11116575)

certdsa2.pem (1K) Download Attachment
keydsa2.pem (944 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: s_server doesn't work with IE 6.0

Andy Polyakov
> I use IE 6.0 from Windows XP and Mozilla 1.7 from linux. I use openssl
> 0.9.8.
>
> When I start
> openssl s_server -key keydsa2.pem -cert certdsa2.pem -www -cipher EDH-DSS-DES-CBC3-SHA
>
> Mozilla successfully shows debug page, but IE doesn't.

You should add -bugs argument to allow IE talk. In this context -bugs
refers to bugs in another SSL implementation, not bugs in OpenSSL.

> When I use OpenSSL 0.9.7e binary, I get the same result. But when cert
> and key are used by apache with mod_ssl, pages are displayed normally.

mod_ssl enables workarounds enabled by s_server -bugs programmaticaly. A.

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Andy Polyakov wrote:

> > I use IE 6.0 from Windows XP and Mozilla 1.7 from linux. I use openssl
> > 0.9.8.
> >
> > When I start
> > openssl s_server -key keydsa2.pem -cert certdsa2.pem -www -cipher
> > EDH-DSS-DES-CBC3-SHA
> >
> > Mozilla successfully shows debug page, but IE doesn't.
>
> You should add -bugs argument to allow IE talk. In this context -bugs refers
> to bugs in another SSL implementation, not bugs in OpenSSL.

Thank you! It works.

May be IE should be metioned in s_server manpage according to this key?

--
SY, Dmitry Belyavsky (ICQ UIN 11116575)