problem using FTP over SSL

ELLERT Alexandre

Hello,

I installed openssl-0.9.8 on my linux FTP server and I also compiled vsftpd-2.0.3 under RedHat 9 with SSL support (without any errors).

And when I try to connect with FileZilla v2.2.16 under Windows XP I get some errors:

Commande :     AUTH TLS

Réponse :         234 Proceed with negotiation.

Erreur : Internal error: m_pSslLayer not initialized

Erreur : Impossible de se connecter !

But the connection is still established and i can download and upload anyway !

Can you please tell me what’s going wrong with my config and what I should do to resolve that problem ?

Thanks a lot.

ELLERT Alexandre

Re: problem using FTP over SSL

Richard Koenning
ELLERT Alexandre wrote:

> I installed openssl-0.9.8 on my linux FTP server and I also compiled
> vsftpd-2.0.3 under RedHat 9 with SSL support (without any errors).
>
> And when I try to connect with FileZilla v2.2.16 under Windows XP I get some
> errors:
>
> Commande :     AUTH TLS
>
> Réponse :         234 Proceed with negotiation.
>
> Erreur : Internal error: m_pSslLayer not initialized

This seems imho to be an internal error of FileZilla.

> Erreur : Impossible de se connecter !
>
> But the connection is still established and i can download and upload anyway
> !

You can use ssldump (http://www.rtfm.com/ssldump/) for checking whether
any SSL handshake is started.

> Can you please tell me what’s going wrong with my config and what I should
> do to resolve that problem ?

Check the FileZilla configuration for SSL specific options and use ssldump.
Ciao,
Richard
--
Dr. Richard W. Könning