[openssl-users] Delay of email delivery for the list

[openssl-users] Delay of email delivery for the list

Serj Rakitov
Hello,

I see some delay about 30-40 min for my emails. They arrive and I see them in the incoming messages in the list only after 30-40 min.  And one email was delivered for 2 hours. Is it normal for the [hidden email]?

Some time ago I see an email with message: Welcome to the [hidden email] mailing list!

Maybe now when something have changed we must send emails to the [hidden email] not to the [hidden email]?

Regards.

Re: [openssl-users] Delay of email delivery for the list

Salz, Rich
> I see some delay about 30-40 min for my emails. They arrive and I see them
> in the incoming messages in the list only after 30-40 min.  And one email was
> delivered for 2 hours. Is it normal for the [hidden email]?

It happens sometimes.

> Some time ago I see an email with message: Welcome to the openssl-
> [hidden email] mailing list!

The OpenSSL domains got shuffled around a bit.  Everything should be openssl.org now.

--
Senior Architect, Akamai Technologies
IM: [hidden email] Twitter: RichSalz

Re: [openssl-users] Delay of email delivery for the list

Kurt Roeckx
On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:23:41PM +0300, Serj Rakitov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I see some delay about 30-40 min for my emails. They arrive and I see them in the incoming messages in the list only after 30-40 min.  And one email was delivered for 2 hours. Is it normal for the [hidden email]?
>
> Some time ago I see an email with message: Welcome to the [hidden email] mailing list!
>
> Maybe now when something have changed we must send emails to the [hidden email] not to the [hidden email]?

The mta.opensslfoundation.net was only very temporary and should
not be used.  [hidden email] works just fine and
doesn't have any delay for me.  You can always check the headers
why or where it has any delay.

Kurt

Re: [openssl-users] Delay of email delivery for the list

Billy Brumley
> The mta.opensslfoundation.net was only very temporary and should
> not be used.  [hidden email] works just fine and
> doesn't have any delay for me.  You can always check the headers
> why or where it has any delay.

Guess I'll mention this here. After the mailing list changes, MARC
stopped archiving the OpenSSL lists, e.g.

http://openssl.org/support/community.html

Those don't have anything since January. I emailed MARC about it but
got no reply. Maybe the list owners should try?

BBB

Re: [openssl-users] Delay of email delivery for the list

Salz, Rich
> Guess I'll mention this here. After the mailing list changes, MARC stopped
> archiving the OpenSSL lists, e.g.

Thanks, I'll get in touch with them.

11.03.2015, 08:20, "Kurt Roeckx" <[hidden email]>:
> The mta.opensslfoundation.net was only very temporary and should
> not be used.  [hidden email] works just fine and
> doesn't have any delay for me.
Ok.

> You can always check the headers
> why or where it has any delay.

It's not so important for me as for example "How to make a rehandshake(renegotiation)" )) but let's see in my email's headers:

Was sent:
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 19:02:30 +0300

The path:
        by mxfront7j.mail.yandex.net with LMTP id nT56hQSL
        for <[hidden email]>; Wed, 11 Mar 2015 19:50:50 +0300

So, it was sent by me at 19:02 (GMT+3). It was received by mta.openssl.org from my mail server already at 19:10 (GMT+3). And was delayed "there" until 19:50 (GMT+3). My mail server received it only at 19:50 (GMT+3).

Once again, it's not so important. But the delay is on the mta.openssl.org mail server(s).

Regards.