[openssl.org #4702] OPENSSL: Linux SLESS11

[openssl.org #4702] OPENSSL: Linux SLESS11

Rich Salz via RT
Hi,
I have downloaded and builded last tree openssl versions for linux:
1)      openssl-1.0.1u.tar.gz
2)      openssl-1.0.2j.tar.gz
3)      openssl-1.1.0b.tar.gz

I successful followed all steps found at file INSTALL

By the way, when I try to use it I have the bellow messages:
   undefined reference to ‘EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init’
   undefined reference to ‘EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cleanup’

The OS I´m using is a Linux SLESS11 desktop 32 bits: kernel
3.0.13-0.27-default

Regards,

José Carlos de Oliveira (Oliveira)
Pesquisador / Desenvolvedor - Grupo ICTS
Brasilia - DF - Asa Norte
SCN Q05 - Brasilia Shopping - Torre Norte Sala 917
Fone:+5561-3246.7089
   Cel:+5561-99311.9226
  Site:  <http://www.grupoicts.com.br/> www.grupoicts.com.br

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4702

Re: [openssl.org #4702] OPENSSL: Linux SLESS11

Matt Caswell-2

On 10/10/16 15:14, Jose Carlos de Oliveira via RT wrote:
> Hi,
> I have downloaded and builded last tree openssl versions for linux:
> 1)      openssl-1.0.1u.tar.gz
> 2)      openssl-1.0.2j.tar.gz
> 3)      openssl-1.1.0b.tar.gz

Any particular reason why you need all three?

> I successful followed all steps found at file INSTALL
>
> By the way, when I try to use it I have the bellow messages:
>    undefined reference to ‘EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init’
>    undefined reference to ‘EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cleanup’

What was the exact command you issued to see the above?

EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cleanup() no longer exists in OpenSSL 1.1.0.
EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init() is just a macro for EVP_CIPHER_CTX_reset() in 1.1.0.

Matt

> The OS I´m using is a Linux SLESS11 desktop 32 bits: kernel
> 3.0.13-0.27-default
>
> Regards,
>

> José Carlos de Oliveira (Oliveira)
> Pesquisador / Desenvolvedor - Grupo ICTS
> Brasilia - DF - Asa Norte
> SCN Q05 - Brasilia Shopping - Torre Norte Sala 917
> Fone:+5561-3246.7089
>    Cel:+5561-99311.9226
>   Site:  <http://www.grupoicts.com.br/> www.grupoicts.com.br

Re: [openssl.org #4702] OPENSSL: Linux SLESS11

Rich Salz via RT

On 10/10/16 15:14, Jose Carlos de Oliveira via RT wrote:
> Hi,
> I have downloaded and builded last tree openssl versions for linux:
> 1)      openssl-1.0.1u.tar.gz
> 2)      openssl-1.0.2j.tar.gz
> 3)      openssl-1.1.0b.tar.gz

Any particular reason why you need all three?

> I successful followed all steps found at file INSTALL
>
> By the way, when I try to use it I have the bellow messages:
>    undefined reference to ‘EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init’
>    undefined reference to ‘EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cleanup’

What was the exact command you issued to see the above?

EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cleanup() no longer exists in OpenSSL 1.1.0.
EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init() is just a macro for EVP_CIPHER_CTX_reset() in 1.1.0.

Matt

> The OS I´m using is a Linux SLESS11 desktop 32 bits: kernel
> 3.0.13-0.27-default
>
> Regards,
>

> José Carlos de Oliveira (Oliveira)
> Pesquisador / Desenvolvedor - Grupo ICTS
> Brasilia - DF - Asa Norte
> SCN Q05 - Brasilia Shopping - Torre Norte Sala 917
> Fone:+5561-3246.7089
>    Cel:+5561-99311.9226
>   Site:  <http://www.grupoicts.com.br/> www.grupoicts.com.br

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4702

RES: [openssl.org #4702] OPENSSL: Linux SLESS11

Rich Salz via RT
Thank you!

José Carlos de Oliveira (Oliveira)
Pesquisador / Desenvolvedor - Grupo ICTS
Brasilia - DF - Asa Norte
SCN Q05 - Brasilia Shopping - Torre Norte Sala 917
Fone:+5561-3246.7089
   Cel:+5561-99311.9226
  Site: www.grupoicts.com.br

Enviada em: segunda-feira, 10 de outubro de 2016 11:25
Para: [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email]
Assunto: Re: [openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4702] OPENSSL: Linux SLESS11