[openssl.org #4444] [openssl-1.1.0-pre4] Make fails with "recipe for target 'depend' failed" on solaris64-x86_64

[openssl.org #4444] [openssl-1.1.0-pre4] Make fails with "recipe for target 'depend' failed" on solaris64-x86_64

Rich Salz via RT
Fixup show in last message has now been merged with master, commit
a6adf099cbd7c3bc5c7051ad3d334636ef5e7f90

--
Richard Levitte

Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4444

Re: [openssl.org #4444] [openssl-1.1.0-pre4] Make fails with "recipe for target 'depend' failed" on solaris64-x86_64

Erik Forsberg-11
still not working right.
Attached a longish log file extract.
But root cause seems to be that we try to process test dependencies
while doing depend in crypto, way before we had done any work in
the test subdir. That causes the find to exit with failed status aborting
the depend.

depend.log (33K) Download Attachment

depend.log (46K) Download Attachment

Re: [openssl.org #4444] [openssl-1.1.0-pre4] Make fails with "recipe for target 'depend' failed" on solaris64-x86_64

Erik Forsberg-11
commit ac89799c3e78e9af1031226eb2fd389a70ce3c1b @levitte levitte committed an hour ago
tried to fix this but it still dont work. Even on Solaris 11 I get

(srv) 22# find foo -print
find: stat() error foo: No such file or directory
(srv) 23# echo $?
1
(srv) 24# find . -name foo -print
(srv) 25# echo $?
0

if you pass a non-existent file to find, it exits with non-zero status
which stops the make in progress.

Right. A little 'exit 0' in the right spot should fix that.

It's true that the dependencies that are generated depend quite a lot on what
you've built so far, I hope that's not an enormous bother.

Cheers,
Richard

Vid Sat, 19 Mar 2016 kl. 01.31.53, skrev [hidden email]:

> still not working right.
> Attached a longish log file extract.
> But root cause seems to be that we try to process test dependencies
> while doing depend in crypto, way before we had done any work in
> the test subdir. That causes the find to exit with failed status aborting
> the depend.

Fixed in commit 243a98d4a03a411dfe6db727dbf90adbfa2e7474. Can we close this
ticket for good now?

Vid Sat, 19 Mar 2016 kl. 10.14.25, skrev levitte:

> Right. A little 'exit 0' in the right spot should fix that.
>
> It's true that the dependencies that are generated depend quite a lot
> on what
> you've built so far, I hope that's not an enormous bother.
>
> Cheers,
> Richard
>
> Vid Sat, 19 Mar 2016 kl. 01.31.53, skrev [hidden email]:
> > still not working right.
> > Attached a longish log file extract.
> > But root cause seems to be that we try to process test dependencies
> > while doing depend in crypto, way before we had done any work in
> > the test subdir. That causes the find to exit with failed status
> > aborting
> > the depend.

Rainer Jung-3
Works here. No more "-nt" error, no warnings or other STDERR output.
Tested on Solaris 10 Sparc using GCC doing a 32 bit build and another 64
bit build. Builds succeed, tests pass.

Am 19.03.2016 um 12:34 schrieb Richard Levitte via RT:

> Fixed in commit 243a98d4a03a411dfe6db727dbf90adbfa2e7474. Can we close this
> ticket for good now?
>
> Vid Sat, 19 Mar 2016 kl. 10.14.25, skrev levitte:
>> Right. A little 'exit 0' in the right spot should fix that.
>>
>> It's true that the dependencies that are generated depend quite a lot
>> on what
>> you've built so far, I hope that's not an enormous bother.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Richard
>>
>> Vid Sat, 19 Mar 2016 kl. 01.31.53, skrev [hidden email]:
>>> still not working right.
>>> Attached a longish log file extract.
>>> But root cause seems to be that we try to process test dependencies
>>> while doing depend in crypto, way before we had done any work in
>>> the test subdir. That causes the find to exit with failed status
>>> aborting
>>> the depend.

Perfect. Thanks for confirming. Closing this ticket now.

Cheers,
Richard

--
Richard Levitte

Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4444

Re: [openssl.org #4444] [openssl-1.1.0-pre4] Make fails with "recipe for target 'depend' failed" on solaris64-x86_64

Erik Forsberg-11
no idea where this OLD message came from.
In any case, do ignore, problem has been solved for many weeks.

Thanks. re-closing.