[openssl.org #3383] ASM support questions for openssl 1.0.1g. in MIPS64 CPU.

[openssl.org #3383] ASM support questions for openssl 1.0.1g. in MIPS64 CPU.

Rich Salz via RT
Hi Openssl-dev team

   I am porting Openssl 1.0.1g in Embedded which is developed with  OpenWRT - MIPS64 CPU.
 I found SHA is not working and it will always dead when calling sha1_block_data_order defined in sha1-mips.pl.  If I ./configure with no-asm  then everything is fine.
My questions is does sha1-mips.pl is support only for MIPS32? does it support on MIPS64?

Best Regards
James

Re: [openssl.org #3383] ASM support questions for openssl 1.0.1g. in MIPS64 CPU.

Rich Salz via RT
>    I am porting Openssl 1.0.1g in Embedded which is developed with  OpenWRT - MIPS64 CPU.
>  I found SHA is not working and it will always dead when calling sha1_block_data_order defined in sha1-mips.pl.  If I ./configure with no-asm  then everything is fine.
> My questions is does sha1-mips.pl is support only for MIPS32? does it support on MIPS64?

Formally speaking RT is for bug reports, not for queries like above.
While sha1-mips.pl is not MIPS32-only and MIPS64 is expected to work, it
wasn't actually tested for a good while. So make it look like bug
report. When you say "I am porting" what does it mean exactly? There is
a number of linux*-mips* config lines, so port shouldn't be needed. When
you say MIPS64, what does it mean? 64-bit kernel? Or MIPS64 processor
running 32-bit kernel? If latter, does kernel support n32 ABI? When it
dies, where exactly? This information is obtained with debugger. Collect
even register contents and disassemble output up to crash point.