[openssl.org #1109] Please urgently impelment "-utf8" parameter in "openssl ca" command

[openssl.org #1109] Please urgently impelment "-utf8" parameter in "openssl ca" command

Rich Salz via RT

[[hidden email] - Wed Jul  6 01:40:04 2005]:

> You applied the 2nd one in stead of the 3rd one. I just forgot about
> the 1st
> one.
> What should I do now in order to apply the 3rd one?

Personally I prefer the patch that has been applied over the 3rd one.

The applied patch allow the string mask to be set independently of
whether UTF8 format is used for characters. This is consistent with the
way 'req' operates.

The 3rd one always sets the UTF8 only mask at the same time as using
UTF8 format.

Re: [openssl.org #1109] Please urgently impelment "-utf8" parameter in "openssl ca" command

Rich Salz via RT

If You think so .... Ok then ;)
Let's leave it as it is. Thank You very much and once again sorry for the
inconvenience.

Best regards

Stefan