[openssl.org #1109] Please urgently impelment "-utf8" parameter in "openssl ca" command

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[openssl.org #1109] Please urgently impelment "-utf8" parameter in "openssl ca" command

Rich Salz via RT

[[hidden email] - Wed Jul  6 01:10:41 2005]:

> Would You please apply the second DIFF file in sead of the first one ?
>
>
> > According to our records, your request has been resolved. If you
have any
> > further questions or concerns, please respond to this message.
>

I thought I had applied the second diff. The one you mention below seems
to be the first one (the one without additional config file options).

Is there a problem with the second diff?

Since 0.9.8 has been released now it will have to wait until 0.9.8a if
there is a problem.

Steve.

Steve.
______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
Development Mailing List                       [hidden email]
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [openssl.org #1109] Please urgently impelment "-utf8" parameter in "openssl ca" command

Rich Salz via RT

The one with additional config options was the first one.

The one without config options is better (according to me) and is the second
one.

Both are working.
Just the second one does not need config options.

Do You need a diff file between the latest "ca.c - version  1.150"  and my
second diff file in order not to use config options?
If yes - where to send it ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Henson via RT" <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>
Cc: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 2:17 AM
Subject: [openssl.org #1109] Please urgently impelment "-utf8" parameter in
"openssl ca" command


>
> [[hidden email] - Wed Jul  6 01:10:41 2005]:
>
>> Would You please apply the second DIFF file in sead of the first one ?
>>
>>
>> > According to our records, your request has been resolved. If you
> have any
>> > further questions or concerns, please respond to this message.
>>
>
> I thought I had applied the second diff. The one you mention below seems
> to be the first one (the one without additional config file options).
>
> Is there a problem with the second diff?
>
> Since 0.9.8 has been released now it will have to wait until 0.9.8a if
> there is a problem.
>
> Steve.
>
> Steve.

______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
Development Mailing List                       [hidden email]
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [openssl.org #1109] Please urgently impelment "-utf8" parameter in "openssl ca" command

Rich Salz via RT
In reply to this post by Rich Salz via RT

I just checked. As I see there are actually 3 diff files there
(http://www.aet.tu-cottbus.de/rt2/Ticket/Display.html?id=1109):

1. File difference report generated by CSDiff by ComponentSoftware on
13.6.2005 ?. 13:19 - 3.3KB
2. --- openssl-0.9.8-beta5/apps/ca.c.old Fri Apr 15 21:29:34 2005 - 8,7KB
3. --- openssl-0.9.8-beta5\apps\ca.c.old 2005-04-15 21:29:33.000000000 -
8.3k

You applied the 2nd one in stead of the 3rd one. I just forgot about the 1st
one.
What should I do now in order to apply the 3rd one?


----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Henson via RT" <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>
Cc: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 2:17 AM
Subject: [openssl.org #1109] Please urgently impelment "-utf8" parameter in
"openssl ca" command


>
> [[hidden email] - Wed Jul  6 01:10:41 2005]:
>
>> Would You please apply the second DIFF file in sead of the first one ?
>>
>>
>> > According to our records, your request has been resolved. If you
> have any
>> > further questions or concerns, please respond to this message.
>>
>
> I thought I had applied the second diff. The one you mention below seems
> to be the first one (the one without additional config file options).
>
> Is there a problem with the second diff?
>
> Since 0.9.8 has been released now it will have to wait until 0.9.8a if
> there is a problem.
>
> Steve.
>
> Steve.

______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
Development Mailing List                       [hidden email]
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]