[openssl.org #1005] about a result of 'openssl ciphers'

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[openssl.org #1005] about a result of 'openssl ciphers'

Rich Salz via RT

should be fixed; please try a new snapshot.

Thanks,
Nils
______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
Development Mailing List                       [hidden email]
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: [openssl.org #1005] about a result of 'openssl ciphers'

Takurou Saitou
Thank you for the correction.

I immediately confirmed operation.
When ciphersuite keywords of the same processing group was
combined by '+'(The example: kRSA+kEDH) and specified for the
command argument, I confirmed a correct result returned.

OpenSSL> ciphers kRSA+kEDH
Error in cipher list
940:error:140A60B9:SSL routines:SSL_CREATE_CIPHER_LIST:no cipher match:ssl_ciph.
c:882:
error in ciphers

However, when ciphersuite keywords of the different processing group was
combined by '+'(The example: AES+SHA1) and specified for the command
argument, the following execution results were returned.

OpenSSL> ciphers AES+SHA1
Error in cipher list
940:error:140A60B9:SSL routines:SSL_CREATE_CIPHER_LIST:no cipher match:ssl_ciph.
c:882:
error in ciphers

The following results are output in OpenSSL0.9.7d.

OpenSSL> ciphers AES+SHA1
ADH-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA:AES256-SHA:ADH-AES128-SHA:D
HE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-DSS-AES128-SHA:AES128-SHA

a degrad has occurred consequentially.

Thanks.

Takurou Saitou

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]]On Behalf Of Nils Larsch via RT
> Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 7:26 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Subject: [openssl.org #1005] about a result of 'openssl ciphers'
>
>
>
> should be fixed; please try a new snapshot.
>
> Thanks,
> Nils
> ______________________________________________________________________
> OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
> Development Mailing List                       [hidden email]
> Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]
>
>


______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
Development Mailing List                       [hidden email]
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [openssl.org #1005] about a result of 'openssl ciphers'

Nils Larsch
Takurou Saitou wrote:

> Thank you for the correction.
>
> I immediately confirmed operation.
> When ciphersuite keywords of the same processing group was
> combined by '+'(The example: kRSA+kEDH) and specified for the
> command argument, I confirmed a correct result returned.
>
> OpenSSL> ciphers kRSA+kEDH
> Error in cipher list
> 940:error:140A60B9:SSL routines:SSL_CREATE_CIPHER_LIST:no cipher match:ssl_ciph.
> c:882:
> error in ciphers
>
> However, when ciphersuite keywords of the different processing group was
> combined by '+'(The example: AES+SHA1) and specified for the command
> argument, the following execution results were returned.

ok, I've committed a fix. Please try a new snapshot.

Cheers,
Nils
______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
Development Mailing List                       [hidden email]
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: [openssl.org #1005] about a result of 'openssl ciphers'

Takurou Saitou
> -----Original Message-----
> Takurou Saitou wrote:
> > Thank you for the correction.
> >
> > I immediately confirmed operation.
> > When ciphersuite keywords of the same processing group was
> > combined by '+'(The example: kRSA+kEDH) and specified for the
> > command argument, I confirmed a correct result returned.
> >
> > OpenSSL> ciphers kRSA+kEDH
> > Error in cipher list
> > 940:error:140A60B9:SSL routines:SSL_CREATE_CIPHER_LIST:no cipher
> match:ssl_ciph.
> > c:882:
> > error in ciphers
> >
> > However, when ciphersuite keywords of the different processing group was
> > combined by '+'(The example: AES+SHA1) and specified for the command
> > argument, the following execution results were returned.
>
> ok, I've committed a fix. Please try a new snapshot.

Thank you for the correction.

 I immediately confirmed operation and confirmed a correct result returned.

Thanks.

Takurou Saitou.
 

______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
Development Mailing List                       [hidden email]
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]