[openssl-dev] Replace TERMIO with TERMIOS

[openssl-dev] Replace TERMIO with TERMIOS

James Taylor
Hi,

I've been talking with some of the devs from the musl project, and
they're of the opinion that TERMIOS should be used in favour of
TERMIO... which appears to still work under GLIBC.

The #ifdef's that control whether each are used appear to intentionally
break systems that don't implement TERMIO, which I don't feel is
appropriate.

The main culprit is
#if defined(linux) && !defined(TERMIO)
# undef TERMIOS
# define TERMIO
# undef SGTTY
#endif

---
James Taylor
Keybase (https://keybase.io/jamestr)

Re: [openssl-dev] Replace TERMIO with TERMIOS

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
In message <[hidden email]> on Thu, 12 Feb 2015 16:00:20 +0000, James Taylor <[hidden email]> said:

james> Hi,
james>
james> I've been talking with some of the devs from the musl project, and
james> they're of the opinion that TERMIOS should be used in favour of
james> TERMIO... which appears to still work under GLIBC.
james>
james> The #ifdef's that control whether each are used appear to intentionally
james> break systems that don't implement TERMIO, which I don't feel is
james> appropriate.
james>
james> The main culprit is
james> #if defined(linux) && !defined(TERMIO)
james> # undef TERMIOS
james> # define TERMIO
james> # undef SGTTY
james> #endif

Saw this on github a few days ago.  I just applied that fix, it will
show up in not too long.

Cheers,
Richard

--
Richard Levitte                         [hidden email]
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

On 12/02/15 10:56, Richard Levitte wrote:
> Saw this on github a few days ago.  I just applied that fix, it will
> show up in not too long.

Well that was quick ;) Yeah, I spotted it there too. Thought it would be
worth asking on the ML anyway.

Thanks,

James Taylor
--
James Taylor
Keybase (https://keybase.io/jamestr)

Re: [openssl-dev] Replace TERMIO with TERMIOS

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
In message <[hidden email]> on Thu, 12 Feb 2015 23:21:29 +0000, James Taylor <[hidden email]> said:

james> On 12/02/15 10:56, Richard Levitte wrote:
james> > Saw this on github a few days ago.  I just applied that fix, it will
james> > show up in not too long.
james>
james> Well that was quick ;) Yeah, I spotted it there too. Thought it would be
james> worth asking on the ML anyway.

Pure luck, really.  It might also have gotten lost in the flow of
emails.  The most recommended way to report a bug is on our request
tracker (see http://openssl.org/support/rt.html).

Cheers,
Richard