openssl 0.9.7h vs 0.9.8

Ramon Berger
I don't know if this has been talked about to death, sorry if it has. But
I see a big difference between the way openssl deals with shared libraries
between version 0.9.7h and 0.9.8 that doesn't seem to be addressed in the
documentation.

On Solaris 9, if I config, make and install openssl 0.9.8 ( and 0.9.8a
) with the defaults, then when I try and make openssh, I need to explicitly
configure openssh with the --with-ldflags=-ldl option.

Or instead I can config openssl with the shared option and the openssh
option is not required.

I do not have to do this with openssl 0.9.7h.

Any information will be appreciated. Thanks...

Ramon Berger