openssl 0.9.7a

dmdm
I am useing Fedora core 2

I have openssl 0.9.7a installed but I am useing a program that says IDEA
has not
WARNING: Your version of OpenSSL has been configured without IDEA support.

how do I configure IDEA support?

dmdm

Re: openssl 0.9.7a

Kyle Hamilton
The IDEA algorithm is patented in the United States and other
countries.  To avoid patent infringement, the Fedora Core team
configures it with the -no-idea switch.

To fix it, get the source RPM, modify the .spec file to not include
that switch, and then 'rpm build'.

-Kyle H

On 1/28/06, dmdm (sent by Nabble.com) <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I am useing Fedora core 2
>
> I have openssl 0.9.7a installed but I am useing a program that says IDEA
> has not
> WARNING: Your version of OpenSSL has been configured without IDEA support.
>
> how do I configure IDEA support?
>

> dmdm

Re: openssl 0.9.7a

dmdm
thanks for your post

a few questions if thats ok

I have lokked in the this url

http://www.openssl.org/source/----tar ball(this is not a rpm so I think I was correct in not geting the tar ball

http://www.fedoralegacy.org/updates/FC2/2005-12-17-FLSA_2005_166939__Updated_openssl_packages_fix_security_issues.html
(the url did the the legacy rpm arch i686 is what I need but cannot find spec file

and last
openssl-0.9.7a-35.i686.rpm (i dowmladed the normal rpm but no spec file)

thanks

dmdm

Re: openssl 0.9.7a

dmdm
just a small thought when I get to the stage of installing new rpm (I assume this has to be done?)
then what happens to openssl rpm already installed.

is it just a question of running
rpm -Fvh

dmdm

Re: openssl 0.9.7a

Kyle Hamilton
rpm --upgrade --force newfile.rpm

The RPM database will force the installation in this case.

On 1/29/06, dmdm (sent by Nabble.com) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> just a small thought when I get to the stage of installing new rpm (I assume
> this has to be done?)
> then what happens to openssl rpm already installed.
>
> is it just a question of running
> rpm -Fvh
>

> dmdm

Re: openssl 0.9.7a

Kyle Hamilton
On 1/29/06, dmdm (sent by Nabble.com) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thanks for your post
>
> a few questions if thats ok
>
> I have lokked in the this url
>
> http://www.openssl.org/source/----tar ball(this is not a
> rpm so I think I was correct in not geting the tar ball
>
> http://www.fedoralegacy.org/updates/FC2/2005-12-17-FLSA_2005_166939__Updated_openssl_packages_fix_security_issues.html
> (the url did the the legacy rpm arch i686 is what I need but cannot find
> spec file
>
> and last
> openssl-0.9.7a-35.i686.rpm (i dowmladed the normal rpm but no spec file)

what you're looking for is openssl-0.9.7a-35.src.rpm.  It's usually
under an SRPMS directory, not an RPMS directory.