nsSslServerName

Khai Doan
Can someone please explain the nsSslServerName directive/extension?  I found
http://wp.netscape.com/eng/security/cert-exts.html, but what is shell
expression ?  Is it a regular expression ?  Can someone give me an example?

Thanks,

Khai

Re: nsSslServerName

Dr. Stephen Henson
On Fri, Feb 10, 2006, Khai Doan wrote:

> Can someone please explain the nsSslServerName directive/extension?  I
> found http://wp.netscape.com/eng/security/cert-exts.html, but what is shell
> expression ?  Is it a regular expression ?  Can someone give me an example?

It is a deprecated extension which is only recognized by a few pieces of
software for legacy purposes.

The subject alternative name extension should be used instead.

Funding needed! Details on homepage.