no PKCS#5 padding in DES_cbc_encrypt/DES_cbc_decrypt

no PKCS#5 padding in DES_cbc_encrypt/DES_cbc_decrypt

Alicia da Conceicao
For some reason, the DES routines for CBC (Cipher Block Chaining)
mode:

        DES_cbc_encrypt
        DES_cbc_decrypt

do not appear to add the required PKCS#5 padding.  Is their another
routine I should be using that works with the DES_key_schedule type?

Thanks in advance,
Alicia.

Re: no PKCS#5 padding in DES_cbc_encrypt/DES_cbc_decrypt

Dr. Stephen Henson
On Mon, Nov 14, 2005, Alicia da Conceicao wrote:

> For some reason, the DES routines for CBC (Cipher Block Chaining)
> mode:
>
> DES_cbc_encrypt
> DES_cbc_decrypt
>
> do not appear to add the required PKCS#5 padding.  Is their another
> routine I should be using that works with the DES_key_schedule type?

PKCS#5 padding is only added/removed at the EVP level.

Funding needed! Details on homepage.