need your help about fipsld in Example OpenSSL Based Application

need your help about fipsld in Example OpenSSL Based Application

炉诸
Dear all,
As a newbie, I am following the details in document UserGuide-2.0.pdf,Appendix C Example OpenSSL Based Application,C1, which creates one Makefile and one  c source code file. when run make command, it always use ld to do the link, not the fipsld, but when I run command like :
make CC=/path/to/fipsld
it seems ran into loop, so, I need your help about what to  fix to make the example works.

Re: need your help about fipsld in Example OpenSSL Based Application

Pankaj Sarode
Hi,

You will need to pass your native compiler i.e gcc to fipsld script and make the fipsld script refer to your native compiler.

Example:
Make CC=<complete path to fipsld> FIPSLD_CC=/USR/BIN/GCC

refer section 5.3.1 of fips-openssl-userguide-2.0

Pankaj

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019, 11:06 PM 炉诸 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,
As a newbie, I am following the details in document UserGuide-2.0.pdf,Appendix C Example OpenSSL Based Application,C1, which creates one Makefile and one  c source code file. when run make command, it always use ld to do the link, not the fipsld, but when I run command like :
make CC=/path/to/fipsld
it seems ran into loop, so, I need your help about what to  fix to make the example works.

Re:Re: need your help about fipsld in Example OpenSSL Based Application

炉诸
Thank you for the suggestion.
When I do like make CC=/path/to/fipsld FIPSLD_CC=/point/to/gcc
It gave out
/bin/sh: warning: shell level (1000) too high, resetting to 1
 then putty exit.