looks like the support for Heart beat extension is removed from openssl

looks like the support for Heart beat extension is removed from openssl

shiva kumar-2
Hi ,

Why the support for Heart beat extension is removed from openssl.
I am referring latest version of openssl(openssl-1.1.1c)

How to handle abnormal disconnection in DTLS?

Thanks!
Shiva

Re: looks like the support for Heart beat extension is removed from openssl

OpenSSL - User mailing list
  • Why the support for Heart beat extension is removed from openssl.

It’s intended use was to check MTU along the path.  That is not very useful any more.

  • How to handle abnormal disconnection in DTLS

You should be able to detect time-outs and “failure to close” in your application.

Re: looks like the support for Heart beat extension is removed from openssl

Salz, Rich
  • would the below method be advisable to handle the "failure to close" conditions

Sorry, no comment.  Maybe others will.

Re: looks like the support for Heart beat extension is removed from openssl

shiva kumar-2
Hi,

If someone can have a look at my query and provide suggestions(which would be much helpful for me).
Thanks for your help

Thanks!
Shiva