interaction between --strict-warnings and disabled features

interaction between --strict-warnings and disabled features

Benjamin Kaduk
Hi all,

When I configure with --strict-warnings and, say, no-seed, my build
fails due to an empty compilation unit e_seed.c.  Is it just expected
that if I'm going to use strict-warnings I will have most/all features
enabled, or is this something that we would want to fix?

Thanks,

Ben

Re: interaction between --strict-warnings and disabled features

Salz, Rich
> When I configure with --strict-warnings and, say, no-seed, my build fails due
> to an empty compilation unit e_seed.c.

Does just putting an extern declaration in the file work?  Or do we need something like "#if PEDANTIC" in apps/dsa.c, for example.

Re: interaction between --strict-warnings and disabled features

Kurt Roeckx
On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 05:46:13PM +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:
> > When I configure with --strict-warnings and, say, no-seed, my build fails due
> > to an empty compilation unit e_seed.c.
>
> Does just putting an extern declaration in the file work?  Or do we need something like "#if PEDANTIC" in apps/dsa.c, for example.

I think the PEDANTIC thing is the way to go for that.

Kurt

On 09/11/2015 12:46 PM, Salz, Rich wrote:
>> When I configure with --strict-warnings and, say, no-seed, my build fails due
>> to an empty compilation unit e_seed.c.
> Does just putting an extern declaration in the file work?  Or do we need something like "#if PEDANTIC" in apps/dsa.c, for example.

Duplicating the declaration of SEED_encrypt() (with or without an extern
keyword) at the end of the file, outside the #ifndef, lets the build
succeed.  But I think I agree with Kurt; the PEDANTIC thing makes it
more clear what is actually going on.

Thanks for the suggestions,

On 09/14/2015 10:43 AM, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> Duplicating the declaration of SEED_encrypt() (with or without an extern
> keyword) at the end of the file, outside the #ifndef, lets the build
> succeed.

Sorry, I was mistakenly testing with seed enabled; the quoted statement
is false.

-Ben