installing openssl on win10 64bit

Michael Lev מיכאל לאב
Hi,
For developing and testing I need http server on my win10 64 bit pc,
so I use http server from

Sometimes I get and err msg saying:
This site can’t provide a secure connectionmlev-pc-hp sent an invalid response.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I understand that I need to install openSsl from

but I am not an expert enough to know what to do.
The INSTALL file does not elaborate enough to tell me step by step what to do.

I'll appreciate getting help.
Michael

מיכאל לאב - Michael Lev

054-7718425

Re: installing openssl on win10 64bit

Matt Caswell-2

On 09/06/2020 10:26, Michael Lev מיכאל לאב wrote:

> Hi,
> For developing and testing I need http server on my win10 64 bit pc,
> so I use http server from
> https://www.npmjs.com/package/http-server
> <https://mailtrack.io/trace/link/a1830b0b3afe9696c68d7f27720e675272ae92d6?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.npmjs.com%2Fpackage%2Fhttp-server&userId=1218955&signature=020f40c6ee26fbc6>
>
> Sometimes I get and err msg saying:
>
>     This site can’t provide a secure connectionmlev-pc-hp sent an
>     invalid response.
>     Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
>     ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
>

> I understand that I need to install openSsl from
> https://github.com/openssl/openssl
> <https://mailtrack.io/trace/link/1eb88d61540ef30a080bcfbb9b5b4190c18f7ead?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fopenssl%2Fopenssl&userId=1218955&signature=aaa910ea35905673
>
> but I am not an expert enough to know what to do.
> The INSTALL file does not elaborate enough to tell me step by step what
> to do.

You might want to install a precompiled binary instead. The project
doesn't produce these, but a number of third parties do. We maintain a
list of them here:

https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Binaries

Matt