info about a certificate request

Martin Matusiak
I was wondering how to print info about a certificate request.. if I create a
self signed certificate by passing the -x509 flag, I can use
$ openssl x509 -in pubkey.pem -noout -text
to print information about it. How can I do the same for a certificate
request? The reason I ask is that I need to replicate certificate request
creation (most likely in java, adapting existing code) and I need some way of
verfying that the requests I generate are of the correct format.

Martin

Re: info about a certificate request

Jorey Bump
Martin Matusiak wrote:
> I was wondering how to print info about a certificate request.. if I create a
> self signed certificate by passing the -x509 flag, I can use
> $ openssl x509 -in pubkey.pem -noout -text
> to print information about it. How can I do the same for a certificate
> request? The reason I ask is that I need to replicate certificate request
> creation (most likely in java, adapting existing code) and I need some way of
> verfying that the requests I generate are of the correct format.

Assuming something like this:

  openssl req -new -nodes -keyout key.pem > req.pem

You can inspect the request like this:

  openssl req -in req.pem -text -noout