iStill seeing heartbeat prolem in openssl 1.0.2 STABLE Daily releases

iStill seeing heartbeat prolem in openssl 1.0.2 STABLE Daily releases

The Doctor
Why is this not solved?

../util/shlib_wrap.sh ./v3nametest
../util/shlib_wrap.sh ./heartbeat_test
test_dtls1_not_bleeding failed: expected return value 0, received -1
** test_dtls1_not_bleeding failed **
--------
test_dtls1_not_bleeding_empty_payload failed: expected return value 0, received -1
** test_dtls1_not_bleeding_empty_payload failed **
--------
test_tls1_not_bleeding failed: expected return value 0, received -1
** test_tls1_not_bleeding failed **
--------
test_tls1_not_bleeding_empty_payload failed: expected return value 0, received -1
** test_tls1_not_bleeding_empty_payload failed **
--------
4 tests failed
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Using FreeBSD 11 .

http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k  Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Time for the USA to hold a referendum on its republic and vote to dissolve!!

Re: iStill seeing heartbeat prolem in openssl 1.0.2 STABLE Daily releases

Matt Caswell-2

On 02/11/16 14:47, The Doctor wrote:

> Why is this not solved?
>
> ../util/shlib_wrap.sh ./v3nametest
> ../util/shlib_wrap.sh ./heartbeat_test
> test_dtls1_not_bleeding failed: expected return value 0, received -1
> ** test_dtls1_not_bleeding failed **
> --------
> test_dtls1_not_bleeding_empty_payload failed: expected return value 0, received -1
> ** test_dtls1_not_bleeding_empty_payload failed **
> --------
> test_tls1_not_bleeding failed: expected return value 0, received -1
> ** test_tls1_not_bleeding failed **
> --------
> test_tls1_not_bleeding_empty_payload failed: expected return value 0, received -1
> ** test_tls1_not_bleeding_empty_payload failed **
> --------
> 4 tests failed
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> Using FreeBSD 11 .

Fix is here:

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/1826

On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 04:45:11PM +0000, Matt Caswell wrote:

> On 02/11/16 14:47, The Doctor wrote:
> > Why is this not solved?
> >
> > ../util/shlib_wrap.sh ./v3nametest
> > ../util/shlib_wrap.sh ./heartbeat_test
> > test_dtls1_not_bleeding failed: expected return value 0, received -1
> > ** test_dtls1_not_bleeding failed **
> > --------
> > test_dtls1_not_bleeding_empty_payload failed: expected return value 0, received -1
> > ** test_dtls1_not_bleeding_empty_payload failed **
> > --------
> > test_tls1_not_bleeding failed: expected return value 0, received -1
> > ** test_tls1_not_bleeding failed **
> > --------
> > test_tls1_not_bleeding_empty_payload failed: expected return value 0, received -1
> > ** test_tls1_not_bleeding_empty_payload failed **
> > --------
> > 4 tests failed
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop.
> >
> > Using FreeBSD 11 .
> >

> Fix is here:
>
> https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/1826

I usually use lynx and cannot see where to pull this.

I assume tomorrow  This can be tested i nthe daily snapshot?

> Matt

http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k  Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Time for the USA to hold a referendum on its republic and vote to dissolve!!

Re: iStill seeing heartbeat prolem in openssl 1.0.2 STABLE Daily releases

Salz, Rich

> Why is this not solved?

It will be solved before the next release.  No further promises.

Re: [openssl-users] iStill seeing heartbeat prolem in openssl 1.0.2 STABLE Daily releases

The Doctor
On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 05:00:27PM +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:

> > Why is this not solved?
>
> It will be solved before the next release.  No further promises.

I will report back tomorrow.

Still It is a good thing to gripe if you see an issue.

On 02/11/16 17:04, The Doctor wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 05:00:27PM +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:
>>
>>> Why is this not solved?
>>
>> It will be solved before the next release.  No further promises.
>
> I will report back tomorrow.
>
> Still It is a good thing to gripe if you see an issue.

The fix is now in git.

Re: [openssl-users] iStill seeing heartbeat prolem in openssl 1.0.2 STABLE Daily releases

Salz, Rich

> Still It is a good thing to gripe if you see an issue.

Yup.  But maybe every other day? :)

Re: github raw .patch ... also: still seeing heartbeat prolem in openssl 1.0.2 STABLE Daily releases

John Denker-2
On 11/02/2016 09:50 AM, The Doctor wrote:

> I usually use lynx and cannot see where to pull this.

AFAICT here is the relevant patch, in a raw form suitable for
direct download:

  https://github.com/openssl/openssl/commit/554ae58d09a9b09fa430553c3e6ba5bb5433150c.patch

In general, the procedure goes like this:
 Given the URL of the PR, go there.
   For example, https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/1826
 Click on the "Commits" tag
 In the list of commits, click on the SHA1 of the commit.
 (That is *not* the same as clicking on the name of the commit.)
   Example result: https://github.com/openssl/openssl/commits/554ae58d09a9b09fa430553c3e6ba5bb5433150c
 Munge the URL by changing /commits/ to /commit/ singular,
 and by adding .patch to the end.

Truly an astonishing user interface.

On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 05:07:50PM +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:

> > Still It is a good thing to gripe if you see an issue.
>
> Yup.  But maybe every other day? :)

Well I did bring this to your attention 3 days ago.