how use DES??

abraxas abraxas
Hi, everybody.

I use openssl 0.9.8 in a SO. Debian 3.1, compiler
C/C++ g++ (GCC) 3.3.5. Well, my probles is that I like
use DES (http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/des.html#)
for development a program, but I don't understand how
use DES, because I have a key, this key I create with
another method, more specific with Elliptic Curves, so
my key it has 163-bits long and DES accept only
8-Bytes in your key, so How can I do for use DES with
a key greater that 8-Bytes?.

Thanks a lot.

Greeting...

P.D