how to generate Private for Blowfish, CAST and rc4

how to generate Private for Blowfish, CAST and rc4

danny ng

Hi,

    I am using the 0.9.7e version of the openssl and i am having trouble with generating the private key for Blowfish, CAST and rc4. Was wondering how do i actually go about doing it. I have search the internet for any command lines related to them was unable to find any.

Hope there is someone who can give me some advice.

thank you

Danny Ng

HP:0423750935

RE: how to generate Private for Blowfish, CAST and rc4

Lee Colclough

Hi,

The Network Security with OpenSSL book suggests using the OpenSSL own pseudorandom number generator.

RAND_bytes(key, iLength);

Where key is a char* to be populated and iLength is the length required.  Also look up seed_prng for seeding it.

Is this what you wanted to know?  Hope I was some help.

Thanks

Lee