how to debug openssl

Jet Young
Dear all,

I want to debug the openssl command by using GDB. however, as you know
that the default option of the makefile is without -g for gcc. how can
i add the -g option for the gcc in an ease way when i  compile
openssl?

many thanks.

have a good day!

Re: how to debug openssl

Nils Larsch
Jet Young wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I want to debug the openssl command by using GDB. however, as you know
> that the default option of the makefile is without -g for gcc. how can
> i add the -g option for the gcc in an ease way when i  compile
> openssl?

./config [other options] -d
but note: if you use 0.9.8 you should better try a recent snapshot from
the 0.9.8 branch as 0.9.8 outputs a little bit too much debugging
information when build with "-d".

Nils

Re: how to debug openssl

Dmitry Belyavsky
Hello!

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Jet Young wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I want to debug the openssl command by using GDB. however, as you know
> that the default option of the makefile is without -g for gcc. how can
> i add the -g option for the gcc in an ease way when i  compile
> openssl?

./config -g

--
SY, Dmitry Belyavsky (ICQ UIN 11116575)

Re: how to debug openssl

Jet Young
thanks to Nils Larsch and Dmitry Belyavasky:)

I found the command './config debug' is also work.