how to compile out selected ciphers

Jayalakshmi bhat
Hi All,

I am trying to build openssl. As part of that I want to remove some ciphers like md4, rc5 etc.

I tried ./config no-md5, no-rc5 and ./Configure no-md5, no-rc5. In both the case MD4 and RC5 directories are still getting compiled.

Please can you let me know what could be going wrong.

Regards
Jaya

Re: [openssl-dev] how to compile out selected ciphers

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker-2
In message <CALq8RvJrMZ=zmymQ1Z1HiHDDWwdCWMKjZL5whjGrET=[hidden email]> on Thu, 31 Aug 2017 11:25:16 +0530, Jayalakshmi bhat <[hidden email]> said:

bhat.jayalakshmi> Hi All,
bhat.jayalakshmi>
bhat.jayalakshmi> I am trying to build openssl. As part of that I want
bhat.jayalakshmi> to remove some ciphers like md4, rc5 etc.
bhat.jayalakshmi>
bhat.jayalakshmi> I tried ./config no-md5, no-rc5 and ./Configure
bhat.jayalakshmi> no-md5, no-rc5. In both the case MD4 and RC5
bhat.jayalakshmi> directories are still getting compiled.
bhat.jayalakshmi>
bhat.jayalakshmi> Please can you let me know what could be going wrong.

Your configuration line says 'no-md5', which is an attempt to remove
MD5, not MD4.  Your config line should be this:

    ./config no-md4 no-rc5

It's possible, though, that you really meant to remove MD5...
unfortunately, it's such an integral part of most SSL/TLS protocol
versions that we cannot for the moment allow it to be disabled.
That's the issue you're hitting.

Cheers,
Richard

--