help - building OpenSSL fips for 64 bit Android

help - building OpenSSL fips for 64 bit Android

chrisfahlin
I am trying to build openssl-1.0.2s with the fips module
openssl-fips-ecp-2.0.16 to support 64 bit android devices, I have tried
following the steps on the  wiki
<https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/FIPS_Library_and_Android>   and noticed
that the setenv-android.sh script doesn't account for 64 bit architectures.
I have tried finding an updated version of the script online but none of
them seem to be working. I also tried using a  script
<https://github.com/ColdDragon/android-build-openssl-fips>   found on GitHub
that combines the building of the fips module and openssl, I seem to be
having issues with this as well.

Any pointers in building a fips compliant openssl for 64 bit android would
be appreciated

Sent from: http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/OpenSSL-User-f3.html

Re: help - building OpenSSL fips for 64 bit Android

chrisfahlin
Forgot to mention I am trying to cross compile on a MacBook Pro (15-inch,
2017) running MacOS 10.14.5

Sent from: http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/OpenSSL-User-f3.html

Re: help - building OpenSSL fips for 64 bit Android

>    that the setenv-android.sh script doesn't account for 64 bit architectures.

Correct.  The current FIPS module has not been modified for quite some time, and your platform is not supported.

If you cannot follow the steps *exactly* you cannot claim FIPS validation.  The OpenSSL project is working on a new FIPS validation for the next release, but it will only support a few platforms (those of the sponsors funding the work, mainly).  Whichever release you use, you will have to hire a lab to get your own validation, or hope that a vendor provides one.