generating shared key

Skip Carter
I know this is simple but I can't seem to find find this little detail:

I have Alice's public ECDH key in memory.  And Bob's private ECDH key
in memory.  How do I combine them to get the shared key?

Is this step literally the same as conventional DH ?

--
Skip Carter
Taygeta Scientific Inc.

Re: generating shared key

Viktor Dukhovni
> On Nov 12, 2018, at 9:03 PM, Skip Carter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I know this is simple but I can't seem to find find this little detail:
>
> I have Alice's public ECDH key in memory.  And Bob's private ECDH key
> in memory.  How do I combine them to get the shared key?
>
> Is this step literally the same as conventional DH ?

https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/man3/EVP_PKEY_derive.html

Re: generating shared key

Skip Carter
Thanks Viktor,  thats exactly what I needed

--
Skip Carter
Taygeta Scientific Inc.