encryption ciphers

mailinglists-2
Goot morning,

Can someone please explain what the encryption cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA does/means or point me to a document explaining it.

Many thanks.

Best Regards,
Yves Kreis

RE: encryption ciphers

Frédéric Donnat-2
Hi,

You should have a look at "openssl ciphers -v".
You should fine this ciphers suites and the explaination Key exchnage algo; key authent algo... sym enc algo etc...

hope it could help.

Fred

encryption ciphers -> Opera problem -> "Low encryption level" warning

mailinglists-2
Good afternoon,

Opera complains with a warning "Low encryption level" (cf attachment). The key
has a 1024 bit public part (tried with 2048 as well) and the protocol listed by
openssl s_client (DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA) and by Opera (TLS v1.0 256 bit AES (512
bit DHE_RSA/SHA)) are of excellent quality as far as I can say. Am I mistaken or
is there another problem?

Thanks for helping me to clear this problem.

> You should have a look at "openssl ciphers -v".
> You should fine this ciphers suites and the explaination Key
> exchnage algo; key authent algo... sym enc algo etc...
>
> Fred

warning.gif (35K) Download Attachment