ecc keys of openssl- support by IE and Firefox

ecc keys of openssl- support by IE and Firefox

Gaurav Kumar-4
i am newbie to ECC,

kindly let me know if ECC keys generated by openssl are supported by
Internet explorer / FireFox or not.

thanks,
gaurav

Re: ecc keys of openssl- support by IE and Firefox

Dr. Stephen Henson
On Sat, Aug 13, 2005, Gaurav Kumar wrote:

> i am newbie to ECC,
>
> kindly let me know if ECC keys generated by openssl are supported by
> Internet explorer / FireFox or not.

The last time I asked there were no plans to support ECC in MSIE. I *think*
some may be appearing in NSS (the Mozilla security library) so that may appear
in a version of FireFox at some point.

Funding needed! Details on homepage.

Re: ecc keys of openssl- support by IE and Firefox

Nils Larsch
Gaurav Kumar wrote:
> i am newbie to ECC,
>
> kindly let me know if ECC keys generated by openssl are supported by
> Internet explorer / FireFox or not.

it should be noted that there's still no RFC for tls with ecc,
so everything is still very experimental.

Nils