downgrading openssl

Fateme Hajikarami
Hi
I need some help about downgrading my openssl, I know it is not usual to use old version, but I want to use SCAPI library (a cryptographic library) and they use 1.0 version.
I have openssl v1.1.1 on my ubuntu.
when I tryied to install it by apt-get (telling the specific version), there were some errors because version 1.0 is not in repositories now, when I tried to install it from source, everything seems well, but when i check the version of my openssl, it's still 1.1.1 !
Would you please give me some help with this?

--
Fateme Hajikarami, M.Sc.
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering

Re: downgrading openssl

Fateme Hajikarami
I tried to remove openssl by this command: apt-get install remove openssl
and it's done successfully! now if I run this command again I get this message:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package 'openssl' is not installed, so not removed

but if I type "openssl version", it tells me again that :
OpenSSL 1.1.1-dev  xx XXX xxxx

How can I remove this??
I dont wanna have this version of ssl on my ubuntu, how can I remove it?

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Fateme Hajikarami <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Viktor Dukhovni
On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 06:07:08PM +0330, Fateme Hajikarami wrote:

> but if I type "openssl version", it tells me again that :
> OpenSSL 1.1.1-dev  xx XXX xxxx

That's the unstable development version of OpenSSL and should only
be used for integration testing by O/S distribution and dependent
package maintainers.  It seems you have an "out of tree" version
of OpenSSL installed somewhere on your PATH.

Report the verbatim output of the commands below (executed in the
same shell in the below order):

    echo $PATH
    openssl version -a
    path=$(type -p openssl); echo $path
    pkg=$(dpkg -S $path | egrep ": $path" | sed 's/:.*//'); echo $pkg
    dpkg -l "$pkg" | grep '^i'

> How can I remove this??
> I dont wanna have this version of ssl on my ubuntu, how can I remove it?

Use an LTS version of Ubuntu, and don't install "out of tree" versions
of OpenSSL on your PATH.