documentation for 1.1.0

Michael Richardson

Many pages like: https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.0.2/crypto/PEM_read_bio_PUBKEY.html
will have a link on the right that says: "1.1.0" version, which I'd rather
read because I'm using 1.1.0+, but it links to:

     https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.0/crypto/pem.html

which does not exist.  Nor does the "master' page at:
     https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/crypto/pem.html

perhaps they are auto-generated, and the auto-generation is failing?

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [

Re: documentation for 1.1.0

OpenSSL - User mailing list
Links across versions don’t really work since we moved from “crypto” “ssl” to man3, etc.
Perhaps we should just take them down.

Re: documentation for 1.1.0

Dave Serls
On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 15:54:16 +0000
"Salz, Rich via openssl-users" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Links across versions don’t really work since we moved from “crypto” “ssl” to man3, etc.
> Perhaps we should just take them down.

  One might suppose that it "failed" to a secure mode.  Older files will remain secure for eternity.
  The user, of course, must be alert to decrypting data prior to upgrade, or retaining a down-level
  openssl environment somewhere close by.  For me, it is only a home-brew keyring that quickly got my
  attention.