configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

kadir iscmng

When I run ./configure, the process halts at the last line.

checking for gcc no
checking for cc no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

I think I should install GCC  ..

If so , How can i install  gcc on win32 machine

Thanks in advance

Your sincerely

=========================

Kadirbek Saylau

e-mail: [hidden email]

        [hidden email]

=========================

Re: configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Kyle Hamilton
http://www.cygwin.com/ or http://www.mingw.org/ are different versions
of gcc for Windows.

Be aware that you can download a free version of Visual C++ 2005
Express Edition from MS; I have yet to figure out how to get anything
working correctly with it though.

-Kyle H

On 1/22/06, kadir iscmng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When I run ./configure, the process halts at the last line.

>  checking for gcc no
>  checking for cc no
>  configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
>

> I think I should install GCC  ..
>
> If so , How can i install  gcc on win32 machine
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> Your sincerely
>
> =========================
>
> Kadirbek Saylau
>
> e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>         [hidden email]

RE: configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Mark-62
> When I run ./configure, the process halts at the last line.

> checking for gcc no
> checking for cc no
> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Do you have Microsoft Visual C/C++?  You can build it with this.

> I think I should install GCC  ..
>
> If so , How can i install  gcc on win32 machine

Check out the GCC web pages.  I'm sure there's plenty on there.
For example see http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#windows

Regards,  Mark