compiling a ssl

gopinath ethiraja
 I have downloaded openssl 0.9.8g source from the website. Its working
fine. but i need the source code for my project and I got in openssl.
when i compiled it in vc++ in windows, i got no errors. but i get an
external reference error when linked. do i need to add any lib files ?
please guide me detailly as i need it very soon. I had linked all lib
files present in openssl  thro' project->settings->link tab.