certificate version

Tassi Andrea
Hi all,

someone could help me?

I'm using openssl to generate certificates.
My steps are:

1) I generate a self signed certificate that I use as a CA

commands:
a)genrsa -out cakey.pem 1024
b)req -new -nodes -x509 -key cakey.pem -out ca.pem -days 1095

This certificate is V3.

2)I genarate the user certificate by the commands:

a)genrsa -out ckey.pem 1024
b)req -new -nodes -key ckey.pem -out rccert.pem -sha1 -verify
c)x509 -req -in rccert.pem -CA ca.pem -CAkey cakey.pem -out ccert.pem

The result is a V1 certificate.

The question is this:
is it possible to generate a V3 user certificate?

I'm using OpenSSL_0.9.7e for Windows.

I looked for this problem on documentation but I was not able to find  answers, so I would appreciate your help

Thanks&&Regards
Andrea