Windows shared libraries version information needs some fixes

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
RTT
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Windows shared libraries version information needs some fixes

RTT
Hello,

Building the shared libraries (version 1.1.1 pre 3) for Windows with
Visual Studio, targets VC-WIN32 or VC-WIN64A, result in DLLs with
version information with outdated copyright date, i.e. "Copyright
1998-2016 The OpenSSL Authors. All rights reserved", and the file
description as "OpenSSL application" instead of "OpenSSL shared library".

The version information resource file seems to be generated by the
script "util\mkrc.pl", that indeed has this old copyright date
hardcoded, and the logic that selects the file description that seems to
expect a call with a file extension (i.e. mkrc.pl libcrypto.dll, mkrc.pl
openssl.exe, ...), but the build.info file is not specifying any file
extension to these calls.

Also, why the openssl.exe doesn't include version information?

--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Windows shared libraries version information needs some fixes

OpenSSL - User mailing list
Please look at https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/5704 and see if it fixes the issues.

´╗┐On 3/20/18, 8:52 PM, "RTT" <[hidden email]> wrote:

    Hello,
   
    Building the shared libraries (version 1.1.1 pre 3) for Windows with
    Visual Studio, targets VC-WIN32 or VC-WIN64A, result in DLLs with
    version information with outdated copyright date, i.e. "Copyright
    1998-2016 The OpenSSL Authors. All rights reserved", and the file
    description as "OpenSSL application" instead of "OpenSSL shared library".
   
    The version information resource file seems to be generated by the
    script "util\mkrc.pl", that indeed has this old copyright date
    hardcoded, and the logic that selects the file description that seems to
    expect a call with a file extension (i.e. mkrc.pl libcrypto.dll, mkrc.pl
    openssl.exe, ...), but the build.info file is not specifying any file
    extension to these calls.
   
    Also, why the openssl.exe doesn't include version information?
   
    --
    openssl-users mailing list
    To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
   

--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Windows shared libraries version information needs some fixes

Matt Caswell-2
In reply to this post by RTT


On 21/03/18 00:45, RTT wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Building the shared libraries (version 1.1.1 pre 3) for Windows with
> Visual Studio, targets VC-WIN32 or VC-WIN64A, result in DLLs with
> version information with outdated copyright date, i.e. "Copyright
> 1998-2016 The OpenSSL Authors. All rights reserved", and the file
> description as "OpenSSL application" instead of "OpenSSL shared library".
>
> The version information resource file seems to be generated by the
> script "util\mkrc.pl", that indeed has this old copyright date
> hardcoded, and the logic that selects the file description that seems to
> expect a call with a file extension (i.e. mkrc.pl libcrypto.dll, mkrc.pl
> openssl.exe, ...), but the build.info file is not specifying any file
> extension to these calls.
>
> Also, why the openssl.exe doesn't include version information?
>

Please could you raise this as an issue on github so that it gets
properly tracked?

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues

Thanks

Matt
--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Windows shared libraries version information needs some fixes

Matt Caswell-2


On 21/03/18 09:36, Matt Caswell wrote:

>
>
> On 21/03/18 00:45, RTT wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Building the shared libraries (version 1.1.1 pre 3) for Windows with
>> Visual Studio, targets VC-WIN32 or VC-WIN64A, result in DLLs with
>> version information with outdated copyright date, i.e. "Copyright
>> 1998-2016 The OpenSSL Authors. All rights reserved", and the file
>> description as "OpenSSL application" instead of "OpenSSL shared library".
>>
>> The version information resource file seems to be generated by the
>> script "util\mkrc.pl", that indeed has this old copyright date
>> hardcoded, and the logic that selects the file description that seems to
>> expect a call with a file extension (i.e. mkrc.pl libcrypto.dll, mkrc.pl
>> openssl.exe, ...), but the build.info file is not specifying any file
>> extension to these calls.
>>
>> Also, why the openssl.exe doesn't include version information?
>>
>
> Please could you raise this as an issue on github so that it gets
> properly tracked?
>
> https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues

Ignore this. I see Rich has already created a PR to fix this.

Matt

--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
RTT
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Windows shared libraries version information needs some fixes

RTT
In reply to this post by OpenSSL - User mailing list
After your forth commit, seems all is working fine. Exe and dlls with,
and correct, version information now. Thanks.

On 21/03/2018 02:08, Salz, Rich via openssl-users wrote:
> Please look athttps://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/5704  and see if it fixes the issues.


--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users