Verify Certificate

pana
I found some problems to verify the certificate I created with my own CA.
I don't know which certificates have to be included in the -CApath option.
I created a self signed cert and a server cert, then I created a
client cert (using ever the same key) and I tried to verify it with
the command "openssl verify -CApath ./demoCA  demoCA/client-cert.pem"
where demoCA is the directory containing all the certificates.
The error I obtain is "unable to get local issuer certificate"
What I miss?

bye
fra

Re: Verify Certificate

Jorey Bump
francesco wrote:
> I found some problems to verify the certificate I created with my own CA.
> I don't know which certificates have to be included in the -CApath option.
> I created a self signed cert and a server cert, then I created a
> client cert (using ever the same key) and I tried to verify it with
> the command "openssl verify -CApath ./demoCA  demoCA/client-cert.pem"
> where demoCA is the directory containing all the certificates.
> The error I obtain is "unable to get local issuer certificate"
> What I miss?

openssl verify -CAfile /path/to/cacert.pem cert.to.verify.pem

Re: Verify Certificate

pana
Thanks!
it works

2005/7/21, Jorey Bump <[hidden email]>:
francesco wrote:
> I found some problems to verify the certificate I created with my own CA.
> I don't know which certificates have to be included in the -CApath option.
> I created a self signed cert and a server cert, then I created a
> client cert (using ever the same key) and I tried to verify it with
> the command "openssl verify -CApath ./demoCA  demoCA/client-cert.pem"
> where demoCA is the directory containing all the certificates.
> The error I obtain is "unable to get local issuer certificate"
> What I miss?

openssl verify -CAfile /path/to/cacert.pem cert.to.verify.pem
Automated List Manager                           [hidden email]