Using Java to communicate to C++ program in SSL

Using Java to communicate to C++ program in SSL

Fan, Zhenqiang
Using Java to communicate to C++ program in SSL

Hi,
Is it possible to use JSSE (Java Secure Socket Extension) to talk to a C++ program using OpenSSL? Can anybody share your experience with me if you have done so? Thanks,

Zhenqiang Fan

Re: Using Java to communicate to C++ program in SSL

Laurent Oget
> Hi,
> Is it possible to use JSSE (Java Secure Socket Extension) to talk to a C++
> program using OpenSSL? Can anybody share your experience with me if you
> have
> done so? Thanks,
> Zhenqiang Fan

We have a C++/openSSL client talking to a java/JSSE server and have not
had any issue.The difference you will have to deal with is that the java
keystore is not exactly the same thing as the .pem files, but this is
documented in many places. I have a C++ server on the drawing board which
is expected to receive requests from a java client.