Use of SEED_ofb128_encrypt in SHA1 calculations

Use of SEED_ofb128_encrypt in SHA1 calculations

I have a program where I am doing millions of calculations of SHA1 per
second. This is a tight loop with call to SHA1_Init, SHA1_Update and
SHA1_Final. Interestingly when I profile with gperf and visualize with
pprof, I see 64.8% of the time spent in SEED_ofb128_encrypt. I can't see
how seeding is related to SHA1. At the same time, I can't break into it
in gdb and I can't understand where it's being called.

Could you please shed some light on why this function is called and if
there's something I can do about it?

Kind regards,
--
Paulo Matos

Re: Use of SEED_ofb128_encrypt in SHA1 calculations

OpenSSL - User mailing list
Apologies for my mistake. I think I was profiling the whole CPU instead
of just my process. Please disregard.

Paulo Matos

--
Paulo Matos