Upgrading OPENSSL

BFinkeldei

I have installed Apache HTTP Server with OpenSSL 0.9.8t (MSI Installer) From the Apache.org Site.

Here is the file I downloaded and installed: httpd-2.2.22-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8t.msi

I want to upgrade OpenSSL on that machine without having to upgrade Apache too.

How do I do that?  step by step?  Do i just need to get the binaries and install them over the old files?
If so what files and locations, etc.. Never done it before and not sure what to do.

Thanks,

Brad Finkeldei

Re: Upgrading OPENSSL

Luke Carpenter
I would not advise attempting that, Apache is compiled against a version of OpenSSL, and simply swapping out the binaries Indiana-Jones style will probably land you with a segfault

From a preliminary search, it looks like you will need to re-compile the Apache module mod_ssl against a later version of Apache

I must admit, I don't have much experience with HTTPD, but I can remember that modules are dynamically linked, meaning you can upgrade mod_ssl without having to re-compile Apache, but you will need to re-compile mod_ssl

Good luck

Thanks,
Luke

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:14 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have installed Apache HTTP Server with OpenSSL 0.9.8t (MSI Installer) From the Apache.org Site.

Here is the file I downloaded and installed: httpd-2.2.22-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8t.msi

I want to upgrade OpenSSL on that machine without having to upgrade Apache too.

How do I do that?  step by step?  Do i just need to get the binaries and install them over the old files?
If so what files and locations, etc.. Never done it before and not sure what to do.

Thanks,

Brad Finkeldei

Re: Upgrading OPENSSL

BFinkeldei

Thanks Luke appreciate the feedback!!

Brad Finkeldei

Luke Carpenter <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

04/24/2012 02:36 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: Upgrading OPENSSL

I would not advise attempting that, Apache is compiled against a version of OpenSSL, and simply swapping out the binaries Indiana-Jones style will probably land you with a segfault

From a preliminary search, it looks like you will need to re-compile the Apache module mod_ssl against a later version of Apache