Tutorial

EL HACHIMI Driss
Hello,

I need to set an SSL communication between a server and a client using openSSL source.
However, I have to learn more about the openSSL use, and so I would need a tutorial or a sample code explaining the way to use the openSSL library.

Thank you.
Best Regards
Driss El Hachimi

Re: Tutorial

Joel Christner
Hi Driss,

Have you looked at the man pages for the OpenSSL libraries?  Also there is an OpenSSL book (www.opensslbook.com) that has sample code online for download.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 6:53 AM, EL HACHIMI Driss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I need to set an SSL communication between a server and a client using openSSL source.
However, I have to learn more about the openSSL use, and so I would need a tutorial or a sample code explaining the way to use the openSSL library.

Thank you.
Best Regards
Driss El Hachimi

RE : Re: Tutorial

EL HACHIMI Driss
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
What do you mean by man pages for the OpenSSL libraries?
Is it necessary to buy the openSSL book to understand correctly?

Joel Christner <[hidden email]> a √©crit :
Hi Driss,

Have you looked at the man pages for the OpenSSL libraries?  Also there is an OpenSSL book (www.opensslbook.com) that has sample code online for download.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 6:53 AM, EL HACHIMI Driss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I need to set an SSL communication between a server and a client using openSSL source.
However, I have to learn more about the openSSL use, and so I would need a tutorial or a sample code explaining the way to use the openSSL library.

Thank you.
Best Regards
Driss El Hachimi

Re: RE : Re: Tutorial

jazzcat2

> Thanks for your answer.
> What do you mean by man pages for the OpenSSL libraries?
> Is it necessary to buy the openSSL book to understand correctly?

Hi Driss,

The OpenSSL book will make things monumentally easier.  There are a number
of things you need to do to create a secure service, beyond establishing
an encrypted link... things like checking certificates, establishing
certificate chains, etc.

Cheers,
-J

Re: RE : Re: Tutorial

Joel Christner
Hi,

Man pages means to look at the manual pages for the libraries.  If you're using a UNIX system, you can do:

$ man EVP_EncryptInit

as an example, to see the manual.  Additionally, you can use google for "man EVP_EncryptInit" to find the man pages.  I recommend starting here:

http://www.hmug.org/man/3/EVP_EncryptInit.php

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Josh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for your answer.
> What do you mean by man pages for the OpenSSL libraries?
> Is it necessary to buy the openSSL book to understand correctly?

Hi Driss,

The OpenSSL book will make things monumentally easier.  There are a number
of things you need to do to create a secure service, beyond establishing
an encrypted link... things like checking certificates, establishing
certificate chains, etc.

Cheers,
-J

Re: Tutorial

Suchindra Chandrahas
Hi El Hachimi,
                          You can follow ssl3fuzzerapi.googlecode.com. It is raw SSL v3 communication

Thanks,
Suchindra Chandrahas