Quantcast

Tuesday's code health day

OpenSSL - Dev mailing list
Our most recent code health Tuesday was a success.  Nearly a dozen people worked to achieved the following:

- Our external contributors wrote completely new unit test for previously untested API's (stack, LHASH, and RSA_padding_add_PKCS1_PSS_mgf1) , and added a large external test suite (Python Cryptography).  Rock on!
- We rolled the BoringSSL tests forward to a new version and fixed several previously-failing tests
- We improved testing support on VMS and for Strawberry Perl
- The DTLS and SRP tests were ported to the new test framework
- Test for output support of non-ASCII characters in certificate names
- There were also code-health requests that addressed other areas such as eliminating warnings and dead code, and improving code clarity - those are also very welcome!

We thank the community for their interest, support, and help in improving OpenSSL. We hope you'll join our next Code Health Tuesday, planned for March 28.  Watch for details!

--
Senior Architect, Akamai Technologies
Member, OpenSSL Dev Team

Re: Tuesday's code health day

Matt Caswell-2

On 16/03/17 16:29, Salz, Rich via openssl-dev wrote:
> Our most recent code health Tuesday was a success.  Nearly a dozen people worked to achieved the following:
>
> - Our external contributors wrote completely new unit test for previously untested API's (stack, LHASH, and RSA_padding_add_PKCS1_PSS_mgf1) , and added a large external test suite (Python Cryptography).  Rock on!
> - We rolled the BoringSSL tests forward to a new version and fixed several previously-failing tests

"several" probably undersells that :-)

Previously 1183 BoringSSL tests were explicitly disabled. Now only 247
are explicitly disabled, i.e. we fixed 936 tests! That's at the same
time as adding new ones due to rolling the BoringSSL tests forward.

Matt