TLS CA Certificate Loading in DER format

TLS CA Certificate Loading in DER format

Chaitra Shankar
Hi,
    I am to use TLS for securing an application's data transfer. For development purposes I have been using a
    dummy set of certificates in PEM format.

    The currently used  "SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations" API requires that the certificate be in PEM format.

    However, in real time scenario, the application being developed MUST make use of certificates in DER format
    as per the requirements.

    So I wanted to know whether there is a way to load CA certificates in DER format using any SSL APIs.
    My search till now for such an API has been unfruitful.

Thanks in Advance.
Thanks & Regards
Chaitra Shankar ______________________________________________________________________ OpenSSL Project http://www.openssl.org Development Mailing List [hidden email] Automated List Manager [hidden email]

Re: TLS CA Certificate Loading in DER format

David Shambroom-2
d2i_X509_fp()

Chaitra Shankar wrote:

> Hi,
>     I am to use TLS for securing an application's data transfer. For
> development purposes I have been using a
>     dummy set of certificates in PEM format.
>
>     The currently used  "SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations" API requires
> that the certificate be in PEM format.
>
>     However, in real time scenario, the application being developed MUST
> make use of certificates in DER format
>     as per the requirements.
>
>     So I wanted to know whether there is a way to load CA certificates
> in DER format using any SSL APIs.
>     My search till now for such an API has been unfruitful.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
> --
> Thanks & Regards
> Chaitra Shankar

Re: TLS CA Certificate Loading in DER format

Goetz Babin-Ebell

TLS CA Certificate Loading in DER format

ramaswamy.bm

    I am to use TLS for securing an application's data transfer. For
development purposes I have been using a
    dummy set of certificates in PEM format.

    The currently used  "SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations" API requires
that the certificate be in PEM format.

    However, in real time scenario, the application being developed MUST
make use of certificates in DER format
    as per the requirements.

    So I wanted to know whether there is a way to load CA certificates
in DER format using any SSL APIs.
    My search till now for such an API has been unfruitful.

Please let me know any if any OpenSSL API is available to load the DER
formated certificates.

Thanks & Best Regards ,
Ram