TLS 1.3 protocol question

Kaushal Shriyan-2
Hi,

I have been going through RFC's regarding the TLS version 1.3 protocol. I am curious to know does it mean that the TLS version 1.3 protocol is a specification or standard to communicate between client and server? And OpenSSL is a cryptography library to implement TLS version 1.3 protocol?  What is the programming language used for the specification of the TLS version 1.3 protocol?

Please correct me if I am asking any questions which are irrelevant. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Kaushal

Re: TLS 1.3 protocol question

OpenSSL - User mailing list

The TLS RFC describes the “bytes on the wire” – the syntax for how client and server communicate, and the semantics of those exchanges.

Is it a specification or standard?  Yup both.

Is OpenSSL implementation of the spec?  Yup.

What language used in the spec?  It’s described in the RFC; see “presentation language”